Keeping a home organised can be a challenge, especially with a busy lifestyle. Clutter and disorganisation can make it difficult to find what you need, create a sense of chaos, and even lead to increased stress levels. But with a few simple life hacks, you can keep your home organised and running smoothly. Here are 7 tips to try:
- Establish a place for everything: Assign a specific place for every item in your home, so it’s easy to put it back where it belongs after using it. This can include using drawer dividers, storage bins, and other organisational tools.
- Do a daily quick clean: Set aside a few minutes each day to do a quick clean-up of your home. This can include putting away dishes, making the bed, and picking up any clutter. This small effort can make a big difference in keeping your home organised.
- Use a calendar and schedule: Use a calendar or planner to schedule cleaning and organisation tasks, such as vacuuming, laundry, and decluttering. By setting specific times for these tasks, you’ll be less likely to let them slide.
- Keep the kitchen organised: The kitchen is often the center of the home, and keeping it organised can make a big difference in the overall feel of your home. Try using a weekly meal plan to help you stay organised and avoid food waste, and make sure to regularly clean out the fridge and pantry.
- Use storage containers: Storage containers are a great way to keep your home organised. Use them to store things like craft supplies, holiday decorations, and other items that tend to clutter up your home. Make sure to label them for easy identification.
- Donate or sell items you no longer need: Going through your belongings regularly and getting rid of items that you no longer need is a great way to keep your home organised. Donate items in good condition to charity or sell them in a garage sale or online.
- Keep surfaces clear: Clear surfaces can make a room look more organised and help you to focus. Make it a habit to clear off any surfaces you’ve used, like a table, desk or counter-top, at the end of the day.
By following these life hacks, you can keep your home organised and create a space that feels calm, comfortable, and clutter-free. Remember that it’s an ongoing process and requires consistency and commitment, but the rewards of an organised home will be worth it.