Life hacks are simple and creative solutions to everyday problems. They can save you time, money, and frustration, and can often be found using common household items. Here are 5 surprising life hacks for common household problems:
- Remove crayon marks from walls with a hair dryer: If your little ones have gotten a little too creative with the crayons, don’t panic. Simply heat up the crayon marks with a hair dryer and wipe away with a clean cloth.
- Unclog a drain with baking soda and vinegar: If your drain is clogged, try this simple and natural solution. Pour a cup of baking soda down the drain, followed by a cup of vinegar. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with hot water.
- Get rid of pet hair with a rubber glove: If your pets shed a lot, you know the struggle of trying to remove pet hair from your furniture and clothing. Try using a rubber glove to easily remove the hair. Simply run your hand over the surface with the glove and the hair will stick to it.
- Clean your microwave with a lemon: To remove stuck-on food and stains from your microwave, cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into a bowl of water. Place the lemon halves in the bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes. The steam from the lemon will help loosen any stuck-on food, making it easier to wipe away.
- Fix a stuck zipper with a pencil: If your zipper is stuck, try rubbing a pencil over the teeth to lubricate it. This should help the zipper glide more smoothly.
These simple life hacks can save you time and frustration when dealing with common household problems. Next time you’re faced with one of these issues, try using one of these solutions before reaching for harsh chemicals or calling in a professional.